Left: First birthday; Right: Second birthday.
So much changes in a year....
We first celebrated her birthday in NC, a couple weeks before her actual birthday. All of our NC family was there, and Grammy (her great-grandmother) made her birthday cake. Even though she wasn't feeling well that day (she had a yucky cold, and also busted her lip right before the party), she had a great time.
My mom and dad. Known to Charlotte as Mimi and Pop/Papa.
The girl knows exactly what to do with birthday candles. LOL
Charlotte and Daddy.
Mommy, Daddy, and the birthday girl.
Since we did so much before her birthday, we had a pretty low-key day on her actual birthday. Don't worry, we still had cake. ;-)
Showing me "two." Haha.
Some facts about the birthday girl:
- She's still earning her nickname, Bean. At her 2 year checkup, she weighed a whopping 19.6 pounds. No matter how much she eats, she's still teeny! (And I'm thankful we finally found a pediatrician who doesn't freak out over her size. Only took 2 years. *sigh*)
- She has a huge vocabulary...and uses it constantly. LOL! She said her first 3+ word sentence in February, and now surprises us with all the things she says.
- Her favorite show is "Jake." AKA Jake and the Neverland Pirates. And we watch it all. the. time. (Read: TV is how you survive 2 kids under 2/3.)
- She recognizes a bunch of letters, and can sing most of the ABCs. She can count to 10, but only when she wants to. :P
- She loves playing outside on her little jungle gym my parents bought for her last fall.
- She loves dancing to music, and frequently asks me to sing either the ABCs or "Spider" (Itsy Bitsy Spider) so she can dance.
- She loves Jasper...much to his dismay.
- She LOVES shoes, which makes me a proud mama. Haha
- She loves to give us all hugs and kisses. She is the best little cuddler. I hope this never changes.
- She is the best big sister - always making sure Millie has her toys and isn't upset.
- She's also started throwing tantrums, so I'm guessing we're smack in the middle of the dreaded "terrible twos." YAY.
I could probably write forever about her, but you get the gist. ;-) Basically, she's a two year old and I can hardly believe it. When she's not throwing tantrums she's a bundle of fun, and I'm loving it.
Happy Birthday to the sweet little girl who made me a mama.
Love you forever, Bean.