PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

07 November, 2013

Thankful Thursday

First things first, don't forget to sign up for the Christmas mug swap I'm hosting this year if you're interested. Deadline is the 10th!

Last November, I attempted to do a thankful post every day. 

I'm already kind of over seeing all of the daily posts on FB. Is that bad? I mean, I'm glad people are taking a minute to be more aware of the blessings all around them, but it really seems forced from some people. And that bothers me, times a million.

Anyway, I think I've decided to do one post a week. Mainly because I'm so scatterbrained that it's easier to do it one week at a time. ;-) I do think it's good to take some time out of the day and think of all our blessings. Our church/pastor is doing a series called "Blessed" this month, and the message this past week just really made me think. It's challenged me too, which is good, but also hard. Anyway



Things I'm thankful for this week:

  • Friends that help out in a bind. (Shout out to Amanda for coming to my rescue this week!)
  • Potential new friends from church. (I need community like crazy.)
  • Fall temperatures. Because, oh my goodness, did I miss this!
  • PWOC. It's been such a great thing for me. The Bible study alone has been fantastic. And getting to know some of the other women in my "class" has been great, too. I wish I had made some closer friends (and I still might) in my study, but this was something I feel like I really needed. It really has been perfect.
  • 2 nap days. Charlotte has been sort of transitioning from 2 naps a day, to one. Some days she's fine without one, and some days she most definitely is not. It's tough trying to figure out... She's always been a high sleep needs baby, so I never know when she's truly ready to drop a nap. Example? Last week, she fought her morning nap 3 days in a row. So I gave up and we went without. This week... She's had a morning nap twice (she went with me to my OB appointment on Tuesday, but I could tell she missed her nap), and both times she slept for 1.5hrs in the morning and 2-3 in the afternoon. WHAT?! I do not understand this girl.
  • 4 day weekends. Not gonna lie, I'm loving that this weekend is a 4 day. We have several things that need to be done, and there is no way that even half could get done in 2 days. Which really ends up just being one - Saturday - because of church on Sundays. I don't know what all we'll be able to get done, but even if we just do a few things, it'll be progress.
What about you - big plans for this weekend?

No comments: