PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

21 April, 2011

The Little Things

Do you ever let the "little things" get to you? You know, like you're already having a rough day, can't seem to get things together and now you can't freakin' find your keys/phone/wallet/purse/insert item here?! Or you're running behind and you get behind Grandma Moses driving 25 in a 35. 


I let those kinds of things get to me all the time. Recently, I let our little *ahem* discussion about getting a new couch really get to me. It was a little ridiculous, if we're being honest. I had to stop and remind myself that it's just a couch; it will be there tomorrow and it's not the end of the world if I can't go and get it right away. 


I love this song for that very reason. She talks about all the stuff that goes on in our lives that drives us absolutely nuts. But she also mentions....


"In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff
That gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust
You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff you use

To break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world"

Powerful and insightful, yes? Really makes you think... That, yeah, God really does use all of the "little things" to teach us and grow us. 

Plus, it's a really fun song. =) I get the urge to dance every time I hear it. I guess I should let you listen to it too, huh?  Playlist.com failed me today, so you get a good 'ole fashioned YouTube video. Aren't you excited?! ;-)


Hope you enjoyed my song choice this week! Head over to Goodnight Moon to hear more songs and to link up your own {if it suits your fancy}.

Now, I leave you with my newest little ruffle creation. =) I'm a little proud of myself. 


But now the question is, can I wear this without looking like a 12 year old?! Help?

8 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Your first paragraph could have been an intro for the day I've had. The saying "when it rains, it pours" seems to be the theme for me today :( Lovin' the ruffles!

Kris said...

This is a wonderful song!

Ashley S. said...

This is seriously one of my MOST FAVORITE songs right now! I have it on repeat on my iPod! My mom told me once it reminded her of me, and ever since then I downloaded it and I've been hooked! It's the perfect song for those middle of the week blues! Great choice!

Tasha said...

Nice pick! I don't believe I've heard this one before, but I like it :)

Amber Joy said...

You described my day last Thursday.
I LOVE this song is so catchy !
Semper Fi, Amber joy

Rebekah said...

I love that song! I play it throughout the day!

Nicole Marie said...

I have never heard this song before. I really like it. Thank you for sharing :)

Reccewife said...

Love the song, linked over from Goodnight Moon and glad I found you. take care!