PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

20 April, 2011

Happy Mail

Have I ever mentioned that getting packages in the mail is like the best thing ever?! If not, let me say it again: best. thing. EVER! ;-) Now that we've gotten that out of the way...


I got some very happy mail today. Somehow, I'd kind of forgotten that my MIL sends us Easter packages/gifts. Usually just little, cute things. Sometimes they're more like things that are "awww, cute" but end up getting chunked as soon as Easter's come and gone. Fortunately, this year's is pretty awesome. =)




Peanut M&M's!! And in pretty colors!! Pretty sure I said "Oh, I love that woman" when I opened the package and saw those. Haha. =) Can you tell that I love chocolate and that Aunt Flo is hanging around?! Not only are they yummy, they also look good in a jar. Hehe.


Aren't they cute?!

The other two egg thingies are actually little plants!! The directions say to crack the top of the eggs with a spoon and remove it. Then, you water it and place it in the sun. The pink one is an impatient and the purple one is a pansy (the flower, people ;-)). I can't wait to see them grow!! I'm also a little worried that I'll kill them, though. I have a bad habit of ignoring plants and letting them die after a while. But, since I really want to make our yard look nice, I guess I might want to think about changing that, huh?!

I also bought myself a little goodie today...before I knew I had the goodies from my MIL.


I have seriously fallen in love with macadamia nuts since we moved here. Especially chocolate and macadamia nuts. I expected these to taste exactly like what you'd think Hershey's Kisses and macadamia nuts... Except that they taste pretty much like chocolate covered macadamia nuts from Mauna Loa or any other Hawaiian company that makes them and they're just shaped like Kisses. Oh well. Still a win for me. ;-)

I think some happy mail and a little bit of chocolate was a great way to finish off my day. =) And don't worry, I think I'm going to make a call to my MIL tomorrow to make sure she gets proper thanks.

Hope you're having a great week so far!

9 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Completely agree!! Surprise packages are the greatest pick-me-up, especially when they have sweet treats!! And yeah btw...I LOVE the macadamia nut Hershey kisses...yummy!!

Emily said...

We still have chocolate covered macadamia nuts that we brought back from Hawaii in October! Our favorite are the ones with carmel too, so so good! Happy Easter! :)

Sespi said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea Hershey made macadamia nut kisses! I wonder if that's just a Hawaii thing or if I can find them here... hmmm. I think I'm going on a hunt for them today :)

I'll Love You Forever said...

Yay for happy mail! Gotta love all that candy.. yum!

Katie said...

How sweet of her! I'd give my right arm right now for a peanut m&m. Haha. I haven't seen these Hershey Kisses, but I definitely need to track them down! :)

Chelle said...

I think care packages from family are super important for us milspouses and kids. It helps our morale too! Never heard of those Kisses might try them if I can find them. I absolutely LOVE PB M&M's!

Rebekah said...

So fun and sweet! I love getting packages, well anything in the mail that isn't bills!

tootie said...

What a sweet care package!

And good buy with the Hershey Kisses - my Hawaii friends send them to me sometime, and I love them!

Unknown said...

The flowers in the egg are so cute! Hope they grow well for you:)

Thanks for linking up!