PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

13 October, 2009

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down."

Except today was neither a rainy day or a Monday, although it did feel like Monday.

What a day. Actually, it started out as a pretty good day. I ignored my alarm as it was blaring at me to get out of bed and go to the gym and slept for an extra hour. I got up, had a leisurely breakfast, took the dog out, fed the dog, and took my time getting ready for work. It was nice. I was 5 minutes early, chatted with a few co-workers. It seemed to be a good day...that is, until 3:00.

One of our regulars decided to complain about me this time around. You see, folks, there are certain people who live to come into restaurants, complain, and get their meal for free. This particular lady is one of them. She made the decision to complain about me after she came to me (A HOSTESS) about her bill. So, what did I do when she complained? I went to find her server. Her server confirmed her complaint and solved one of them. Since the ladies had been waiting so long for their dessert, the manager was planning to take it to the table. Meanwhile, I took food to a table near these lovely ladies who glared at me the entire time I was speaking to the other table. Since I knew that the manager was taking care of the ladies' issue, I said nothing to them. Later, I found out that this particular lady said she wanted to kick my @$! because of my attitude. My attitude. Right. My "Hi, Welcome To _____; right this way; enjoy your meal" attitude. Sure. Awesome.

Then, on my way home from work, my mom informed me of an encounter with the mother of one of my bff's from high school. My bff is getting married, and my mom asked her about the wedding. Her mom told mine that my bff's wedding would not be as "elaborate" as mine and that my bff is "much more practical" than me.. My thoughts: "Uh, excuse me?! My wedding was anything but elaborate!!" From what my mom tells me, it sounds like she's not invited...which probably means neither am I. Ugh. This, from the woman who I once regarded as my second mother. The woman I relied on when my mom wasn't available. The woman whose house my brother and I both spent the better part of our teenage years in. It really hurt me to hear that. To think that someone could say that about me, when I spent so much time with her and thought of her as a second mom. In fact, I even called her that occasionally. I am deeply hurt by her comments.

All this, combined with my missing my husband makes for a very yucky day. I hardly spoke to him at all today. I know he's busy and isn't allowed to have his phone for most of the day, but it's still hard. I still don't even know if I can move yet. Joe hasn't had the opportunity to speak to finance about that possibility. So, I know absolutely nothing but today was not a good day. I went to small group tonight, and that helped, but I still feel upset. Maybe it's because I don't know if I can move, that complaint made me feel like I'm less that what I really am, and the comments made me feel deeply hurt. I know that God has a plan for my life, and I'm trying to rest in that fact. Sometimes, though, it is so hard to remember that in light of everything else that is going on in my life.

No comments: