PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

29 September, 2009

It's Almost Over!

Right now, I'm laying on a bed in a hotel room in Columbus, GA! That's right folks, just a few miles from Fort Benning!! Tomorrow at 7:45 a.m., I will be leaving to go see the hubby for the first time in 10 weeks!!! Oh, I am so excited!!!

He got to call me on Sunday night. =D It was a 30 minute phone call, full of "I can't wait to see you"s. =) That, and him talking 90 miles an hour because he's so excited to be finished with Basic. I keep trying to imagine him with the Army hair cut, in uniform, and 20 pounds lighter than the last time I saw him. It's not working so well!! No matter how hard I try, I just can't picture it!! Doesn't matter though, because I'll be spending tomorrow with him!

The drive here was definitely an adventure! My lovely GPS took me straight through downtown Atlanta. Yes, folks, I said Atlanta. Me, small town girl, driving in INSANE traffic in Atlanta. I seriously almost had a panic attack. I've never seen so much traffic in my life!!! I'm dreading going back through it. =/ At least on the way here I had something to look forward to. Not so much on the way home. Other than that, my drive was pretty uneventful. Although I will say that having a GPS is a Godsend! I would literally be lost without that thing! Well, that and my trusty iPod. =) Thanks to the GPS, I got to GA safely; and thanks to my iPod, I was entertained for 7 hours. Haha! Oh, and thanks to all those who called me to keep me awake. There were a few times I started to get sleepy, but I made it through! I'm not so sure my back likes me right now, but I'm sure after some rest tonight it'll be as good as new!

Can't wait to see my hubby tomorrow!!! I've missed him so much!

No comments: