16 October, 2013

Jumbly Shmumbly Mess

There are so many things I want to write about today. I should really be continuing on with my 31 days series, Faith in the Dark, but I really don't have the brain power at the moment. And that's ok, right? It is my blog, after all. ;-)

I'm sure exactly none of you were super concerned about it, but we were I was finally able to get our gas turned back on this past Friday. It took a couple hours of being on the phone to do it but, thankfully, I finally reached a compassionate person who set me up with an all day appointment. It amazes me still that it could take so long for them to be willing to come out and provide us with services we're willing to pay for. Not to mention the fact that I had spoken with numerous people throughout the week, all of whom assured me there was nothing more they could do to help. And then after a complete emotional breakdown, and probably 10 straight minutes of prayer, I get someone who can help. I'm thankful it all worked out, but it makes me wonder about everyone else I spoke to, as well as the company's policy!

Speaking of Friday, my parents drove in and arrived Friday afternoon - right as the gas tech person was in the attic lighting our pilot light. If you've followed me for a while, you know my relationship with my parents isn't the greatest. Obviously I was fairly concerned as to how the weekend would pan out. I can happily report that it went much better than I thought! There were some moments that slightly irritated me, but I think some of that can even be attributed to hormones. 

Charlotte with Mimi and Pop before church.

I think the biggest issue - if you could even call it that - is just how loud they are. Since they've been gone for a couple days now, I've wondered how on earth I didn't have a perpetual headache growing up. They've always been this way, but it is so much more noticeable now! I'm not sure how to tell them that they don't have to yell everything they say. Being in a car with them, plus a toddler was nerve-racking...even just for a drive into town! Pass the Tylenol, please!

With the busyness of the weekend, I completely forgot to take an updated bump photo. *sigh* I kept thinking about it at the worst times, and then remembering before bed. And Lord knows pre-bedtime photos aren't really blog-worthy. Haha! Suffice it to say that the bump is growing, little miss Millie is growing and kicking away (mostly at my bladder), my stretch marks are growing, my hips and back ache, and my belly button will surely be an outie instead of an innie in a few short weeks. =) I'm starting to get uncomfortable, but I'm not unhappy about any of it. If anything, it just makes me more excited for her arrival.

....which we're not really prepared for. This poor girl. Her room is still a mess, though not nearly as bad as before. I haven't even ordered fabric for her bedding. Her sister's hand-me-downs clothes are still in boxes, and her closet is stuffed with all kinds of things. We still have furniture to rearrange, too. I know we still have a while, but I feel like we'd already done so much more before I was this far along with Charlotte! The one thing we do have prepared is her crib, so at least there's that. 

Ah, so many things to share. I have a few good posts planned for my 31 days series, but I have yet to write them. I think I let the insanity of last week really get to me, and keep me from writing what I really wanted to. Hopefully that will change this week! I also plan on writing a little post about our weekend with my parents, and our trip to the local pumpkin patch. Stay tuned! ;-)

All in all, this week is off to a pretty good start. (It really feels like a different day since Joe was off on Monday...my whole week is off now!) I hope yours is going well, too!

No comments: