PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

28 October, 2013

A Christmas Mug {Swap}

I was sitting at the table the other day, sipping coffee from my favorite mug and reading blogs when I had a fantastic idea. This idea came to me via said mug. This mug, in fact, is one I received in a Valentine's Day swap when Joe was deployed. I really never expected to get a mug in that swap, or that I would love it so much. Truthfully, there's not much special about it. It's smaller than some of my other ones. It says "I Love You!" on it, and is covered in red hearts. But for some unknown reason, it is my favorite. It was given to me by a complete stranger, fellow milspouse (if I remember correctly), and came to me during a lonely time. So maybe that's why I treasure it?



As I was sitting there, I decided that it would be fun to host a mug swap this Christmas season. It seems like so many of the bloggers I follow enjoy a good cup of coffee or tea. Admittedly, most of them are mamas. ;-) Tired mamas definitely need caffeine. Right?! Anyway, fall and winter are the perfect times to enjoy a good mug-full of your favorite hot beverage. And why not do a mug swap with my all my favorite bloggers and readers?!

So, if there's enough interest, I would love to do this. Here are some of my thoughts about it:


  • Sign-ups would start on November 1st, and end on the 10th.

  • The spending limit (because it needs to be affordable) would be $15.

  • Swappers would be required to ship to APO/FPO addresses, because a large amount of my readers are military. (For you non-military folks, it doesn't cost extra to do this, but it does take longer to arrive and you do have to fill out a little bit of paperwork. But it's super easy.)

  • All swap gifts would need to be in your partner's mailbox by December 10th. (The reason it's so early is because my due date is December 28th, and I don't want anything to be messed up if this little miss decides to come early!)

  • There won't be any sort of restriction on what type of mug to send, but I am suggesting that each person entering the swap list their likes/dislikes, so their partner has a good idea of what to get. And if you're not very particular, just tell them to make it a surprise!

  • Entering the swap will be super easy - all you'll need to do is leave me your email address and I'll send you a little form to fill out. 


Now that that's out of the way, who's interested?! Please leave me a comment to let me know you're interested and to share thoughts and/or suggestions. I think it'll be fun! 

P.S. It's not too early to start talking Christmas...is it? :)

No comments: