PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

18 July, 2013

The One Where I Whine a Little {Or a Lot}

So. We've been in Georgia for 4 months now. I know the same amount of people now as I did when we first moved here. A friend from Joe's unit in Hawaii, and lovely fellow blogger, Amanda. I am grateful that I know at least a couple people here, (and I always have Skype dates with my bestie!) but....

I'm starting to get lonely.

Both of the ladies I mentioned above work. It's great for them - especially if they want to - but kinda sucks for me since I'm home with the bean all day. I love the church we go to, but they forego small groups during the summer because everyone travels. And since we never found one prior to the summer.... No small groups {or friends} for us until they start up again. Boo. And apparently the FRG for this unit is severely slacking, so no luck meeting people there. Though, that hasn't really worked out well for me in the past. Not like finding church-related friends, anyway.

Did I mention I'm carless, too? I mean, I could get Joe to find a ride to work so that I could have the car. Even then, the only things I would do would be with/for Charlotte. It's not like I can go shopping all the time. Still, it would be nice to be able to go somewhere during the day. We live within driving distance of so many things! Oh, what I wouldn't give for a second car... Except money, of course, because we do not have enough for that. {Unless a miracle were to happen and we were either given money or a car. I don't really see that happening anytime soon. Or ever.}

Ugh. Really, I think I'm missing Mrs. C. We talked for the first time in a while this weekend, and I think it made me realize how much I miss her and the things we were able to do in Hawaii. Mainly, hang out at each other's houses and just chat. What can I say? I'm pretty easy to please. I especially miss having friends who just come over and make themselves at home, while ignoring the mess that my house usually is. 

Making new friends is definitely the hardest part of PCSing. *sigh*

11 comments:

Chantal said...

It IS hard! I'm lucky to have made friends with all my neighbors here, so we have someone to hang out with if we want. I also found some playgroups on FB and started going to things. It's harder without a car, for sure, but something to consider.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I can only imagine how hard it is for you. :( I was always the one who worked as well and felt bad when I couldn't get together with friends.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I hate feeling lonely! We joined a "new" to us church in March. They don't offer small groups, so it's been tough getting to know people in such a large church.

I think that's why I enjoy blogging so much...getting to "meet" other folks. :)

Kara said...

I was just thinking about writing this post today. We've only been here 2 weeks and I'm bored and lonely. I don't have a car yet, but will soon. My husband has tons of friends here, most are married and their wives are all nice, but it's just not the same.

Angie said...

I understand! I am in the same boat here and it stinks! I hope you are able to find some people through your church group in the fall.

Miranda Pridgeon said...

I didn't think making new friends after moving to Cali with my husband would be so hard. I thought our neighbors would be nice and want to get to know us but that isn't the case at all. I hope that when I eventually find a job that I will make some friends there but it would be nice to have some friends in the military world cause they can relate to the struggles I sometimes have to go through. I hope you become less lonely and meet some people soon!

A Crew Chief's Wife said...

We just PCSed and I am in the same boat. I work (but not in the summer) so it's hard to find a good fit. I definitely understand your feelings.

Jessica Lynn said...

:( Booo! I'm sorry you're still stuck in the same rut. How far are you from Robins in Georgia? Too far, I'm sure from where I'll be...grrrr. Any chance you can take your husband to work a couple days a week so you can get out of the house and go shopping? We had one car here for the majority of the time and we'd pick days where I'd drive him to work so I could finally get out and see things!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, hopefully you'll meet some great people there and have tons of hang outs!