PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

20 November, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 19

Are you getting tired of these yet? I think you probably are. I promise I've got a "real" post rattling around in my brain. It just hasn't made it to my fingers yet. Soon! :)


Today I'm thankful for modern medicine

Charlotte has been doing some funky things lately. Well, okay, really just one weird thing. She hasn't been nursing well. This is not a good thing. I knew something was up, but I really just couldn't put my finger on the issue. Sometimes she nurses perfectly. Latch, enjoy yummy milk, pull back, burp, swap sides, repeat. Other times, though? She latches for a minute, pulls back and fusses. Still other times, she won't even latch. Then I noticed she was spitting up. Since she was running low on her Zantac and I'd been trying to stretch out doses to last until Joe or I could get to the pharmacy, I figured that might be the problem. Turns out that's not the problem. It's the stupid reflux again. I put in a call to her doctor and we're going to add in a medication. I'm not real thrilled about this, but I know my poor baby needs something to help her sweet little tummy. And she definitely needs to be able to get all the milk she needs! I'm so thankful that we can get something to help her. My poor little lovey.

I'm also thankful that I'm able to get the medicine I need. I'm still having difficulties with my asthma, which is not fun. I'm trying to be better about using my daily inhaler. {Even though I really hate using inhaled steroids.} Since I had to use my "rescue" inhaler again last week, it made me all the more thankful that I live in the time that I do. These things weren't always available and it's a blessing to be able to have things that not everyone in this world does.

So, how about you? What are you thankful for today? 

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Oh no! I hope things continue to get better :)

I love the "attitude of gratitude" card :D

Lovely post!