PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

18 November, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 17


Yay for being on track again!! :)


Even though today was a pretty stressful day (especially for a Saturday), something awesome happened. 


It was rainy and oh-so cool today. So cool, in fact, that it required a long sleeve shirt, yoga pants, soup for dinner and cuddling under a blanket on the couch.

Yes. It was magnificent! Sure, living in the land of 80ish degree weather year round is nice. You even get spoiled on it. But. When it's 80 degrees in November....it kind of just makes you sad. It's supposed to be cool, jeans-wearing weather! Not the usual shorts, tank top and flip flops. Today's rain and chilly weather was just what I needed to get "in the spirit" for Thanksgiving next week. 

And yes, I realize that the words "chilly" and "cool" are not normally associated with 70 degree weather. But when you've lived in Hawaii this long...it is, in fact, chilly.

So today, I'm thankful for cool weather and a good excuse to break out my neglected long sleeve shirts. :)

What are you thankful for?


3 comments:

Chantal said...

Haha I know exactly how you feel! Now it's in the 60s here and I get so excited!

Anna said...

Girl, you are gonna freeze when you get here! :)

Sven & Trin said...

I'm on the mainland for an extended visit and everyone keeps asking if I miss Hawaii. I don't. :) Especially since I'm wearing cute winter clothes! Five years is plenty long enough to live on an island for me. I'm thankful for seasons!