PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

21 June, 2012

365

One year ago today, I was experiencing the amazing thing that happens after a deployment: homecoming.



It's hard to believe that he's been home for a year. Time goes by so much faster when he's home. During the deployment, I felt like time wasn't moving fast enough for me. Now? Now I just want time to slow the heck down!! 


I am so thankful that time in our lives is over {though we don't know if/when he'll be deployed again}. I'll never forget the overwhelming sense of relief I had when I was in his arms again - those 12 long months of stress and worry finally behind us.





And when we were finally able to be together again, amazing things happened. We reconnected (though it wasn't easy), we visited family, and - probably the best thing ever - we found out we were having this precious girl. =)


It's been an amazing year. I just wish it hadn't gone by so quickly! 



4 comments:

Chantal said...

It's crazy to think it's been a year!

Jess said...

Homecomings are the best!! I'm currently awaiting my husband's homecoming! Love your blog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow, isn't it crazy how a year can bring so many new things!

Jen said...

Definitely a wonderful year for you both!