PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

30 January, 2012

Highs and Lows

For the most part, Joe and I had a good weekend. We didn't do much, but sometimes I think that's the best. Saturday afternoon we went to see a movie {Underworld. Warning if you go see it: lots and lots of gore. More than usual for those movies.} and then I somehow talked him into going to Ross with me. Hehehe. =) He said that since we were on a date he had to, but we all know he could have easily said no. =) Anyway. My goal was to get some cheap frames for Charlotte's room, but you just can't help but look while you're there!!

Backing up a bit, I got these cute prints in the mail last week... Which is why I needed frames. =)


I was shocked at how quickly they got here! {I ordered them from an Etsy seller in Indonesia. I guess being in the Pacific helps.} And I fell in love with them... More than when I just saw them on Etsy!

We got really lucky at Ross and ended up with 4 frames and a figurine for her room - all for $40! I was {and still am} really excited to get all of it... So much so that I came home and put the prints in the frames. =P


Don't you just love them?! Minus the stickers that sill need to be taken off, of course. I can't wait for Joe to hang them up!!! ;-)

Apparently I was feeling rather nest-y today... I was busy all morning with house cleaning. Then this afternoon I felt the sudden need to rearrange some things in the almost-nursery. {Almost because there are still things that need to be moved from that room. Soon!}

First, I made a little book holder/organizer out of a cereal box to hold some kids' books I found in the closet this weekend.


Cut the cereal box, pick out some scrapbook paper, get out the modge podge and voila! Something to hold your books/magazines. =) And yeah, I totally got the idea from Pinterest...

While I was in there working on her room, I decided it'd be a good time to dust. So I dusted the entire wardrobe before putting all the fun nicknacks on it. Nesting is serious business!!


This is the figurine we found at Ross!! It was $11 and they took a little bit off the price since it's a bit damaged. I love it and couldn't leave the store without it. Seriously, I had to talk Joe into letting me get it because it's damaged. I'm going to try to cover that little white spot with some acrylic paint... I'm hopeful. =)


This is the finished product of the wardrobe. Ok, mostly finished. I need/want to order another print to put in that large frame and it'll really be done. I'm so excited to be getting so much done in her room. I'm starting to get anxious about her arrival... I really want to have everything put together soon!

Amid all of the excitement surrounding this little one's arrival {plus our date}, we got a bit of sad news this weekend. My mom called while we were in church on Sunday to let me know that my aunt passed away.

My aunt and uncle {far right} at our wedding. 

It's a hard, very sad thing... She was only 55 and while she'd been having health problems for a while, I feel confident saying no one saw this coming. She passed away with my uncle holding her hand and all her children {plus one grandchild} standing just outside the room. My uncle is {according to my mom} very numb right now, which I can imagine is a very normal reaction. I was pretty upset after I got word, but I am taking comfort in the fact that she's Home with Jesus and family that went before her and she's feeling no pain.

While I wish I could be there, I think it's probably a good thing for me that I can't be. I know it would be hard to see my - usually very happy and energetic - uncle so sad. My mom is going up on Wednesday, I believe, and I'm hoping that he'll feel up to talking on Skype. Anyway. Just please keep my family in your prayers this week. As upsetting as it is for me, I can't imagine how my uncle and cousins are feeling.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the room. :) Looks great..

So sorry to hear about your loss. :/ It's always rough when you can't be there.. but it's good you are taking comfort in her being in her true resting place. I will be thinking of you and your family.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

The elephant accents are adorable! I can't believe she's almost here.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt. If you need to chat at all, I'm hear. Always thinking of you!

heather said...

the room looks great and you gotta love all the great things you can find at ross. nesting is no joke.

sorry to hear about your aunt. i will be praying for your family.

Kaylee said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

I LOVE the prints and frames - they are adorable!

Anna said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt! It sounds like you are handling it well though, and remembering she is in a better place now, free of pain.

The nursery looks great! I LOVE the prints you got and that figurine is ADORABLE! It makes the room. You totally needed it. :)

Chantal said...

I'm sorry about your aunt :(

I love your decorations!

Kathryn said...

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that your Valentine's Day idea was featured in my 2012 Valentine's Day Guide! Seen here: http://www.singingthroughtherain.net/2012/01/2012-valentines-day-guide.html
~Kathryn @ Singing Through the Rain

ROXY said...

I adore the elephants! =) It is just the cutest thing...

Erin said...

So sorry for the loss of your aunt :(

Skinnie Piggie said...

I think I may have to try the magazine holder! I'm sorry about your aunt =(

Jen said...

I am so sorry. It is so hard losing a loved one :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.