05 March, 2011

The Rings

So, I'm a little bit behind on this but Brittany from Mrs. Yellow Ribbon started this new little meme and I've decided to join. =) This week, she asked us to show her our rings and tell her the story behind them! I've been lacking for some...interesting blogging material so I figured why not?! Plus, it's a cute idea. =)


Did you look at rings together?


Yes, we did. I think we looked at rings...3 times before he proposed. I always told him that I'd wear (and love) whatever he gave me, but he insisted on looking at rings. Of course, there were also times when I wanted to look. =)

Do you like your ring? Did you from the beginning?...and be honest!


Absolutely!! Every time we went shopping, I gravitated to the same style of ring. He got me the exact ring that I wanted. [He also paid entirely too much for them, but I'm not going to complain.]


How often do you wear your rings?


All. The. Time. I take them off to shower, do nasty dishes, when I'm getting my hands dirty in the kitchen, putting on lotion, swimming in the ocean... Since I don't go to the beach all the time, do nasty dishes or cook that heavily these days, they're on my finger a lot. I feel kinda naked without them.

Do you clean your rings?


Yes, but probably not as often as I should. I usually take them to get cleaned... I have also cleaned them myself in the last couple of months because I realized that gunk was building up behind the diamonds. Every time I've taken it to be cleaned, they neglect to get the gunk out and it really frustrates me. I actually need to get them dipped soon. I'm just hesitant to leave them for a week... They are very important to me.

What went through your mind the very first time you saw your ring?


Oh gosh. I think my mind went blank!! All of a sudden, he was bent down on one knee next to our table holding out a ring! Although, I might have thought "He got the one I wanted!" I know that crossed my mind at some point. =P He did a great job. =)

8 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Beautiful ring, chickadee!!

Sespi said...

Oooh, pretty rings! I know what you mean about the dippin - I sent mine in for it last year and I kept thinking that I had lost my rings!

Amanda said...

gorgeous rings!!
and i love how you did your wedding nails!!! :)

Consider The Lilies said...

your rings are beautiful!! ah! love it.

p.s. thanks for grabbing the button..so exciting that you're on your way to the finish line woo hoo!!

McDancer said...

I love the "he got the one I wanted" thought :) Beautiful rings!

Michelle A'etonu said...

the rings are beautiful!

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

Thanks for linking up! I love the he was the one that insisted on looking at rings ;-)

Melissa said...

very pretty!