PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

07 November, 2010

Insert Creative Title Here

I just don't have it in me to be all creative with titles today. =P

It's been a pretty good day. I got up this morning to talk to Joe...who didn't end up getting online til about 0900. Which completely figures since I really wanted to sleep in but forced myself to get up at 0800 so I could talk to him. And then Skype/his internet decided to be dumb. 3 tries, each lasting about a minute. We ended up just IM'ing back and forth for a while. It serves its purpose but I would much rather see his face and hear his voice.

After that, I lounged on the couch a bit and watched the OSU game (Oklahoma State, not Ohio State). I'm not a huge fan, but I don't hate them either. Unless they're playing OU. Then I'm all for my Sooners. They've been playing pretty crappy lately though. First we lost to Mizzou and today we freakin' lose to TX A&M. Totally. Not. Cool. *sigh* I barely even watched the game after the 3rd quarter. We did score a few times, but we still let them get away with entirely too much. Shotty playing all the way around. It was a bad game.

Luckily, I had other things to preoccupy my mind. I was busy cleaning [most of] the house this morning. I had the girls over for dinner tonight! It was fun, as always. I made these enchiladas. I had tried them about a month-ish ago with ground beef and I wasn't really pleased. This time I followed the exact recipe {with a substitution of ketchup for tomato sauce - yes, you can do that. I looked it up.} and it was a success! It was really good. I'm kind of proud. We had them with black beans and chips and salsa. It was soooo yummy! There was just enough leftover that I'll be able to have it again for dinner this week. I'm happy about that. =) We also had some hot chocolate and cookies for dessert. Hehehe.

We were missing a few due to an R&R, sick-y-ness and something else. We had a good time anyway. Mostly we talked about our husbands. It's funny how that kind of always happens when we get together. It's not always a big, long conversation like it was tonight though. I guess maybe they've just been gone long enough that we feel like we have to talk about them. Who knows.

Oh! The whole reason I started this post was to tell you about something I got in the mail!

A postcard!

A few weeks ago, I participated in a postcard swap that Jesstagirl and Her Officer hosted. Fun, right?! Jessica (the one who sent me the card) is living in Biloxi, MS! I was actually there a looooooong time ago. =) It was kind of neat to get a postcard from there! Brought back memories. She also left me a little note:


I also did a little fall/Thanksgiving decorating today. Not much, just added a little something to what I'd done a couple weeks ago. I found this faux vinyl subway art print here and fell in love. 

Notice anything?
No?

How about now?
Isn't it cute?!

I love subway art, but I don't have a vinyl-maker thing so that makes things a little tough. =) I was sooo happy to have found this blog!! I think it really brings my fall decorations together. Now all I need is a wreath for the front door! I may have to find one this week.

That's about all for me today! It was a full, busy day. I like those kinds of days. =)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sara said...

A sooner fan huh? Well, I must say I was proud of my Aggies last night! But this has been a crazy year for the Big 12 and we are by no means wreckin' shop. Hopefully, next year will be a little more normal. Did you go to OU?

Jessica Lynn said...

I'm so happy you had fun with the postcard swap! i think I may do it again after the holidays...real mail is fun to get!

And that stinks that Skype didn't work. My husband and I started using gmail's video more while he was deployed and it seemed to work a tiny bit better than skype.

Unknown said...

Awe that art is so flippin' cute!