I feel like I'm doing this a little late, but actually it's still relatively early on this side of the world!! My husband and I just moved to Hawaii, thanks to the Army. =) Thus the reason for the "aloha" instead of "hello".
A little synopsis of Joe & Sarah...
We met in college when I was a junior. He was a senior, but he had two senior years so does that still make him a senior? I don't know. Anyway... We were both attending a Christian ministry on campus called the BCM. We'd actually crossed paths many times before, but never met. When we did meet, he was dating someone else and to be quite honest I wasn't really interested in dating anyone. I suppose I was asking for it by thinking that way. =) A month or two later we were dating, a few months later the "I love you"s were said and thoughts of marriage entered our head. A year and a half later we got married.
Joe was not in the Army.
The Army life came after the economic downturn. We were living in NC at the time and despite both of us having teaching degrees, neither of us were teaching. I was working in a restaurant and he was a computer tech. He lost his job, and the Army found him.
You can read more about us, our story and why Joe joined the Army on my "About" page. To get there, click on the "About" button above this post.
A little bit about yours truly:
1. I am very random. You know those shirts that say "I'm not ADD, I swear. Oh look! Something shiny!"Yeah, that's me. =)
2. I love to take pictures, but I'm fairly certain I'm not very good at it nor do I have a good camera.
3. I l.o.v.e history. Seriously. I have a degree, but that doesn't really touch the surface of how much I love it. I love to read it, write it, experience it and everything in between.
4. Since I've been out of college, I've been trying to make up for lost time by reading...a lot. There's something about reading what you want to read and reading what you're told to read.
5. I have one tattoo on my left wrist, and I love it. =) It's a small cross. To me, it means that God is always with me and will never, ever leave me...even when my husband has to.
6. I love to scrapbook and I'm trying my hand at sewing...we'll see how that goes!
7. I get stressed out way too easily and constantly need to be reminded
Again, thanks for stopping by and I hope you stick around for a while! I'm sure you've noticed that I'm trying to get to 100 followers so that I can do a giveaway. I'd love to have new followers who love to read my blog, so please don't click that "follow" button just because you want to win something cool. [Not that I haven't done that before...]
If you'd like to join me and other milspouses head over to Riding the Rollercoaster!