PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

31 March, 2010

Ups and Downs

Ah, paperwork is done! I went to the army doc today and got cleared to go to Hawaii! =D Now, hopefully Joe's SGT will be nice and hand in that paperwork for us so we don't have to worry about anything else.

It took forever for me to get in and see the dr. today. We were told to come by at 9:30, and apparently that particular doctor stops taking walk-ins (which is what we were told to do) at 9:00. Ugh, seriously?! I swear, I think the day that the Army gets its crap together will be the day hell freezes over. Anyway, after waiting for what felt like an eternity [but was more like 1.5 hrs] I got in and the guy asked me a few questions and we were good to go! I'm so glad that's over with. Now we're just waiting on orders...and to see if that evil lady from this post updated his orders so that I can fly to Hawaii with him.

Oh, and a big, huge, ginormous thanks to Mrs. C and her hubby for helping Joe and I get this whole mess with paperwork straightened out! They are currently my favorite people {laugh as much as you want, they saved us some serious headache}, and I can't wait to meet them! (((hugs))) 

Before all this happened today, Joe got what I like to call a "stern talking to". About what, you ask? That'd be me...and my blog. I can hear all of you fellow milspouses saying "uh oh" right now. And you'd probably be able to guess why. Apparently, I need to be better about editing. I thought I was doing a good job, but obviously if he's getting a "stern talking to" I'm not doing as well as I thought. *sigh* I felt horrible and wanted to crawl under a rock and die proceeded to apologize to my sweet hubby about a million times. So, if in future posts you're curious why I'm being so vague, it's because of our good 'ole friend OPSEC. I still feel terrible. Joe isn't mad at me at all...but, what kind of wife gets her husband in trouble?! Seriously. No, I didn't realize that I was "violating OPSEC" but does that excuse it? Ugh, I don't know. Nothing is going to happen to Joe as long as I edit myself from here on out. This is good, but I still feel crappy. So, bare with me while I learn to edit myself.

ImageHost.org

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry about all that. And I just read the post about the civilian paper-pusher lady, and let me just tell you, we had the EXACT same experience at Fort Bragg. They don't care about the well-being of soldiers. I will say, however, our experience so far at Fort Jackson has been the exact opposite, which we're thrilled about. Have a great week! :)
~Bethany

Mrs. C said...

I am SO glad this all got resolved!! You're going to be Hawaii bound soon - how exciting is that?!?
:)

Kathryn said...

Wow hope everything works out! And sorry about the OPSEC thing, sometimes it's hard to remember!

JG said...

Oh dear. I'm sorry. Just, so I don't do the same, was it PCS-related? I've heard of that happening before, but not for a PCS. I *have* heard about deployment departure and return dates being moved because someone posted too specific information. Anyway, don't beat yourself up too badly. It happens a lot from what I understand. Glad the dr.s appointment is over and done with!

Alia said...

I'm sorry to hear that! OPSEC is so so hard to remember, especially if you are excited or something lol.. Thank you for my award, I'll be posting tomorrow!!

Roller Coaster said...

OPSEC sucks sometimes doesn't it? Believe me, I know all about being vague, so no worries. Awesome about Hawaii! We stopped over there when PCS'ed back from Japan, and oh, how I'd love to live there!