PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12 March, 2010

Rescue Me!

My wonderful, sweet sister [in-law], Anna, is coming to get me Monday! =D She'd seen my posts about Joe going into the middle of nowhere field on post for his end-of-course junk. He's going to be gone for 5 ish days, with no phone or email. =( I know it's only 5 days, and the future holds the potential for him to be gone for 365 days but no phone or email kills. I've really been dreading it. Now, if I'd been working it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal. But, I'm not so it is. =)

This morning, Anna facebook chatted me and offered to come pick me up Monday and take me to NC! I'd actually been considering going, but thought it would be a little...much. Plus, she's coming down here Thursday anyway for Joe's induction ceremony. So, that would have meant that both of us would be driving on Thursday. No bueno. My in-laws are coming in on Friday. So, Sarah did some serious house cleaning today while talking to Melissa on Skype. =) Hehehe. Now all that's left to do is laundry. Oh, and make cookies.

**Random**

I think the "powers that be" have found out we weren't paying for basic cable. When we got here, I plugged in the good 'ole coax cable and viola! We had like 6 channels. Yesterday morning when I turned on the TV...I got nothing but static and blue screens. =( I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but no. Still no TV today. I remember the cable guy (who came to put in our internet modem) saying that we'd need a box soon. Guess he was right. Sarah may be going to the store next week and buying one of those durn converter boxes I swore I wouldn't buy. *sigh* I suppose the bonus is that it can go to Hawaii with us. Which, by the way, I'm totally freaking out about. I think I may have missed the window for Jasper to NOT be quarantined. =( I'm praying that maybe he'll be too young to have another rabies shot and that everything will be ok and he won't have to be quarantined. I don't know what I'll do with myself if he does have to be. My poor baby!!!! Anyone have suggestions?!

Just because I feel like it, here's a gorgeous picture of my niece and her mommy. =)


{Just so I'm giving credit where credit is due, this was taken by Alexa @ Alexa's Photography.}


Well, I'm off to pick up the hubby! Hope y'all have a great weekend!


ImageHost.org

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad you are going to be keeping busy while he is away. I totally hear you though, I can handle a lot of time apart, but not when there is no contact.

Melissa said...

I am just glad we both got some serious cleaning done today!! Thanks for the company and laughter ;)