PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

28 November, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

One thing I am thankful for is not having to spend Thanksgiving on the floor!!! =)

Joe's 1st SGT informed them on Tuesday evening during formation that all Phase V's could travel (up to 250 mi) for Thanksgiving!!! So, he got the paperwork together and we surprised (most of) his family for Thanksgiving! It was great! We got up early on Thursday, packed the car and headed back to NC. So, we were able to eat a real Thanksgiving dinner at a table, surrounded by family that Joe hadn't seen since July. =) And, he's been able to stay at our first home. That was a big plus for both of us. Now, I can move out of this place feeling much better. I don't know why, but I was sort of sad when I thought that he would never live in this place with me again.

Anyway, I'm totally in love with our new apartment. It's smaller and a little bit more noisy than I'm used to, but I really like it! For the first time since we've been married, we have central heating and air (woohoo!), a dishwasher, pantry, linen closet, walk-in closets, and 2 bathrooms! It's a-maz-ing! I spent 2 nights there on an air mattress, which I wasn't too crazy about, but I can say it was incredibly wonderful to not have 3 blankets over me, with the space heater on because I didn't want to freeze to death. You see, here in good 'ole NC, every house that was built before like the 90s uses oil for heat. And, if you pay attention AT ALL to oil/gas prices, you know how expensive that can be. So, we barely use the oil heat. It's just way too expensive to use to heat your home 24/7. Hence the space heater. =) Electricity is a million times cheaper.

I can't wait to start decorating the new apartment! I desperately want to get curtains...and a new bedspread. The hubby is a little reluctant to let me do this because we're paying more for rent than we're used to. *sigh* This does not make me very happy. But, we did get a new (and bigger) Christmas tree yesterday, along with a few other decorations so I will just have to use those to make me feel better. I LOVE decorating for Christmas! =D Ok, here are a few pics of the new apartment...without furniture. More to come when we actually move in.

{Our lovely kitchen!}


{Bathroom, with the new decorations I purchased last week. =D}


{The bedroom, before the air mattress arrived.}


{Living room, complete with makeshift table. Glass doors lead to the patio. =)}

{Hallway leading to 2nd bedroom & bathroom.}
{Jasper, relaxing in his new surroundings.}

1 comment:

Erin said...

That's awesome that you got to spend Thanksgiving together with your family!