PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

14 October, 2011

Yummo Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

Over the last several weeks, I've started meal planning...at the request of my husband. Say what?! Seriously. I suppose it does make things a bit easier, but I'm not the best at planning a week full of meals. It's been difficult but it's also lead to me trying new recipes... Like this one that turned out to be uh-mazing.

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

You will need:


❉ Crock Pot (duh)
❉ 1 envelope chicken gravy mix
❉ 1 can chicken broth
❉ 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
❉ 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
❉ 1 jar (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained {not pictured or used because I hate mushrooms}
❉ 1/2 cup sour cream
❉ 1 T flour
❉ 1 1/2 cup Bisquick
❉ 4 med. green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
❉ 1/2 cup milk
❉ 1 cup frozen peas, thawed {I didn't use any peas except for what was in the mixed veggies}

Directions:

{I sorta forgot to take pictures during the process so there aren't any...sorry.}

1. Mix gravy mix and broth in crock pot until smooth. Stir in chicken, veggies (I put mine in frozen) and mushrooms.

2. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.

3. Mix sour cream and flour in small bowl. Then stir sour cream mixture into chicken mixture (in the crock pot). Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes.

4. Mix Bisquick and onions in small bowl. Stir in milk just until moistened. Stir in peas. (Or don't if you don't want to. =P) Drop by spoonfuls onto chicken gravy mixture. (I used my Pampered Chef cookie dough scoop for this and it worked like a charm!)

5. Cover and cook on high for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick (or fork) comes out clean. Serve immediately.


And voila! Chicken Pot Pie. =) Just a note... Because my crock pot is kinda big, I added a little bit extra of the biscuit mix so I'd have more on top. If you have a smaller crock pot you might need less. 


Also, my husband absolutely loved this recipe. We barely had any leftovers!!! 


6 comments:

Kaylee said...

First, I liked that you called it yummo :) And second, this looks really, really good. I am totally craving any kind of "comfort food" and this definitely fits the bill! Thanks for sharing!

JG said...

Yay for a recipe post! I definitely want to try this one out. SoldierMan loves his mom's chicken pot pie, but she never wrote down the recipe for it for me (shocker) and I've been wanting to make some kind of pot pie for a while. Yours looks much healthier than hers, too!

Meal planning takes a while to get into, but it has saved my life and our budget. I do two weeks at a time and it's SO nice to be able to just buy what we need and not have to think about what to make for dinner every day! The best thing I ever did for my meal planing was to take a day (a full day, literally) and sit down and take every cookbook, magazine and internet recipe I liked and consolidate them all in my life binder, with an index. It's made my life so much easier!

Melissa said...

So trying this! I have been craving comfort food lately!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to meal plan for the week ahead. I have never ever planned out meals and in turn end up with a lot of take out for quick but bad for you stuff. I am also hoping that meal planning will force me to try new things that I other wise would not try. This recipe looks very yum and look forward to trying it!

Heather said...

I love using my crock pot. It makes things so much easier, especially since I have two little kids. When it comes time to make dinner I need something quick and easy because the little ones require more attention at that time than any other time of day. I think it has something to do with being hungry and bedtime approaching ;) Have you seen the crock pot liners?? They make clean up a breeze!

Unknown said...

Im trying this with my family tonight