PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

22 September, 2011

I'm Alive!

Thanks for all the sweet comments regarding my cold from hell. =P I know it was a bit of an over share, but it felt good to let it all out. You will be happy to know that I am officially on the mend! I started feeling a little bit better yesterday, and a little bit of energy returned today. Woo! Naturally I spent most of the day cleaning since my house had been pretty messy - even though Joe did help clean some - while I was sick.

I don't know if I ever updated you guys after I had my appointment with the pulmonologist last week. Basically, I have asthma. Shocker, I know. {sarcasm} And 1/3 of pregnant women with asthma get better, 1/3 stay the same and 1/3 get worse. Very helpful isn't it? So the answer is to put me on a daily, preventative medication. *sigh* I was really hoping to not have to do that, but I need to breathe so baby can breathe. Yay, me!

Yesterday I had the privilege of being power-pointed to death in an asthma education class... Allow me to remind you that I was diagnosed with asthma when I was - wait for it - 10 years old. I am now 25. I've lived with this for 15 years and yet they sent me to a "class" which was one-on-one. I was annoyed the entire time. Not only did I pretty much know everything that CPT Nurse {who was male, by the way} read off the power point, but he also managed to offend me a few times. I'm a female, I wear wedding rings and I wear civilian clothes - NOT a uniform. Clearly I'm married and NOT in the military...as if the dependent ID card didn't give that away. Every time he should have said "your husband needs to know ___" he said, "your husband/boyfriend/significant other should know __." By the third time he said it, I said "husband" and he had the nerve to act all offended!!! Ugh, anyway, it was a big fat waste of my time AND I have to go back in a few weeks so he can develop an "asthma action plan" for me based on my peak flow charts. Shoot me now.

Fortunately, I have my first {real} OB appointment to look forward to next week. One of the girls in Joe's company is about a week ahead of me in her pregnancy and she got an ultrasound at her first visit! So, fingers crossed that I'll get one too! I know I already had one a few weeks ago, but nothing really beats being able to see the baby that's growing inside you. =) Especially when I can't feel him/her moving around yet! I told Melissa the other day that I felt it was kind of odd that I've basically seen every doctor under the sun since I've been pregnant except for my OB. Although I almost feel vindicated because the nurse at my initial visit didn't seem concerned at all about my asthma. =P Not that I want to have problems, but I guess I wanted her to take my only health issue a little bit more seriously than she did.

I also have a lot going on this week, so I'm glad I'm feeling better. Our church is hosting a conference and Joe and I both signed up to volunteer. I'm going to be working with kids and Joe is going to be doing sound related things. {I don't pretend to know what he does. =P} I'm glad to be doing it, but I also know it's going to take a lot out of me. The conference starts tonight and lasts through Saturday night. I'm only volunteering for the Thursday and Friday night sessions and then again on Saturday afternoon... But when you work with little ones, things tend to get tiring. If you think about it, send lots of energetic prayers my way. I'm gonna need 'em!

Hope y'all are having a great week!

2 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

I'm pretty sure I know what church you go to now since almost our entire church staff is attending the conference, haha... I hope the kiddos are good for you!

Jessica said...

I am glad you are feeling better!