PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

14 April, 2011

Music-Induced Flashback

After the afternoon I had, I'm kind of thankful for something else to focus on. Nothing like good 'ole fashioned computer deaths to make your day wonderful, right?! {Not my computer - thank God - but the museum's. Reason number 9,987 I own a Mac.}

So, today's song is another one from the Joe & Sarah archives. ;-) Joe used to write down lyrics to songs and give them to me. Oddly enough, we both are lyric lovers. Me the history major and he the music major. Interesting, no? To make it even better, the lyrics are still pretty relatable to our current situation: deployment.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



"And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
True, it may seem like a stretch, but
Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
Head when you're away when I am missing you to death
When you are out there on the road for
Several weeks of shows and when you scan
The radio, I hope this song will guide you home"


Perfect, right? The best songs are the ones that stick around for a while and relate to whatever situation. Then it was sweet and cute...now, it's part of our history but still fits with who we are. =) And I don't think you can really go wrong with Postal Service. They're not exactly a popular band, but I love them. Even better, Joe won't listen to Owl City because they're a "Postal Service rip off." =P Haha!

Rainy Day circa 2006

Now, pick out your favorite song this week and go link up with Goodnight Moon!

Hope you're having a fantabulous week so far!

7 comments:

Amanda C. said...

I LOVE the Postal Service, Ben Gibbard is a genius.

Ashley S. said...

I'm a lyric lover too! I actually post random lyrics on my husband's Facebook wall all the time just to be sweet! I've never heard this song, so thanks for sharing!

Has anyone ever told you, that you look kind of like Amy Adams? :)

Goodnight moon said...

My 19mth old is bobbing his head back and forth listening to your song! Great song link up again this week, along with your post!

Sending you hugs girlie! I can't wait for your hub to get home to you!!!!!

Thanks for linking up again!

Roller Coaster said...

I'm a lyric person too. ANd I love digging up old songs that remind me of different stages of my relationship with Mr. Roller Coaster. Great song!

P said...

Love that song -- Iron & Wine does an even more 'soulful' version of it, too.

Anonymous said...

It is funny you mentioned Owl City. I like Owl City but I had never heard of The Postal Service. I really really like this song and I will for sure be listening to more :)

erika said...

Yes yes! I've always loved this song. :) Very good choice.