PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

31 August, 2010

Falling Apart

Here's what I'd like to know:

When did my body start to think it was okay to start falling apart?


Seriously, people. I am twenty. four. years old. I should not be having these problems!!! I made peace with my blindness a looooong time ago. I can handle having crappy vision and wearing glasses/contacts unless I'm unconscious. What I can't handle is the rest of my body going south.

You may remember a while back when I said that I went to the doctor for my knee. It's not like I was an athlete "way back when." I never ran on the pavement, never played basketball or softball. The only thing I ever did was marching band. That my friends is NOT an athletic event. It's hard work, no doubt about it, but I've never seen anyone tear their ACL or get a hamstring injury while marching. I have a knee problem that causes my kneecap to be out of place and rub the bone beneath it. Beyond that, I have early arthritis in both knees. My 80 year old Nana has better knees than I do! Totally not fair, Nana. =P

Now, if that weren't bad enough, my shoulder has decided to act up. *sigh* I think it's just the way I've been sleeping, but still. A 24 year old should not say the following after stretching his/her arm to make it feel better: "I guess I really need to stop sleeping on that side for a while. It's killing my shoulder." Oh, and I think I forgot to mention all the popping. Y'all, I don't think there is a single joint in my entire body that doesn't pop. Not even kidding you. My husband will attest to this. Bend down to pick something up: BOTH knees pop. This has been going on since middle school. It was cool back then - why, I'm not sure. Reach to grab something: elbow pops. Pick one - left or right - your choice. Shrug my shoulders to release some tension in the neck: shoulder pops. Lean my head to far to the left/right: neck pops. I could go on here, but I'll just stop.

Allow me to revise a popular line from the movie Lethal Weapon:

I'm too YOUNG for this $&*%!!!

Ah, I feel better now. =) Thanks for letting me vent. 

***

In other news, I had a great evening! Miranda, her hubby, and cute little boy came over for dinner tonight. Well, that wasn't the entire agenda... Her husband mentioned maybe cutting the forest grass in my teeny backyard for me last week. I later told Miranda that if he'd take care of it for me, I'd fix dinner for them. Pretty fair trade, don't you think? So, they came over and Shelby (her hubby) mowed my grass! Sooo glad to NOT see tall weeds in my yard again. Miranda's little cutie got really attached to my sweet Jasper. After they worked out their issues - mainly that Tristan is a toddler and doesn't understand that dogs don't like their tails to be yanked on - they got along great! 

I'm pretty sure that dinner was a hit too. =) On the menu, we had: Baked Ziti, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread and Pineapple Cake (<--made by Miranda). I stole the ziti recipe from a family friend and have already thanked her for sharing the amazingness with me. I think I'm going to have to share it with you too, eventually. And the pineapple cake? Oh. My. Goodness! It was amazing! I have to admit, before moving here I was NOT the biggest fan of pineapple. But, one trip to the Dole Plantation fixed that one right up! Joe was a little shocked when I told him how much I enjoyed it. =) He said that he knew - he knew! - that I would come to like pineapple one day, but he was sad he missed it. I told him I'd re-experience it just for him. Haha! 

All in all, I had a good night. I did realize a while ago that I forgot tonight was the "sign up event" for the spouses' club on post. I completely forgot. =( I really wanted to go and see what it was all about. I still feel like I need to connect somewhere here. I'm just not sure where that somewhere is. PWOC (Protestant Women of the Church), Spouses Club, Small Group (one connected to our church), Women's Ministry at church... Maybe I just have too many options? I don't know. I guess I just have to remember to "be still" (Ps. 46:10) and wait for a while. God has such a sense of humor. I'm not really the patient type and He is forever trying to teach me some. I'm still amazed that He wants to teach me sometimes. After all of the hard-headed, stupid, ridiculous things I've done... He still cares. Awesome, I tell you - just awesome. 

***

Well, I wasn't planning on rambling on about nothing for so long. =P Be sure to head over to Miranda's blog for the recipe for that yummy cake! You'll love it! 

Hope everyone is rid of their "case of the Mondays"! 

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm sorry you're having problem's with your knee!! I hope it starts feeling better!

JG said...

Oy, I know exactly how you feel! When my back went out Sunday I was so frustrated! I'm still too sore to twist to the side. And I pop like crazy all the time.

Unknown said...

Oh girl you are preaching to the choir! I am prepping for my 4th surgery in less than two years. I'm 22 but feel SO old.

I'm glad your lawn got done!