06 July, 2010

Hello, Emotions. How Are You?

Geez. Emotions just rock, don't they?

I'm sitting here minding my own business, watching the marathon of Cake Boss. {I have a new found addiction to TLC...} All of a sudden, I see this commercial for the iPhone 4 that showcases it's video camera. A video camera that allows you to Skype with your family, friends...your deployed husband. Then, there's this scene...you know what, just watch the video...you'll know what I'm talking about.

So, I teared up immediately. 5 minutes later, I'm laying on the couch crying my eyes out over a freakin' commercial! What is up with that?! *sigh* I'm really close to assuming something...but I want some, uh, confirmation first. Oh, Lord I can only imagine.... Anyway, let's not go there right now. That's an assumption for another day. =)

So, more emotional issues earlier in the day... Papa is back in the hospital. Did I tell you that they sent him home on Friday? I can't remember now. Anyway, they did. My dad seemed to think that it was because of the holiday. This morning, he had trouble breathing. My mom ended up driving Nana and Papa back to Little Rock {a 3ish hour drive from where they live}. Let me give you a little back story on Papa. When I was about 8 years old, he was put in the hospital because he was having trouble breathing. He had blood clots on his lungs. He was in the hospital for quite a while - I don't remember how long because I was little - and they ended up moving closer to us (and his doctors) for that reason. As far as I know, he's been taking blood thinners ever since.

Flash back to Friday when they sent him home. While he was in the hospital, they had him wearing pump things on his legs to keep clots from moving. So what do you think happened when they sent him home? They took those things off. Now, let me ask you this. If you were a doctor and you knew that your patient had a history of blood clots - not to mention an aneurysm in his brain - would you let him go home without anything to keep those things from moving? Would you even let him go home in the first place?! I sure wouldn't have.

So, they did a CT at the hospital. Surprise, his lung(s?) is full of blood clots. Mom was mad. Nana was mad. I'm mad. I'm sure Mom gave them an earful, as she should have. They told her it was a mistake to let him go home, but they didn't forsee this problem. Really? You couldn't forsee blood clots moving when there was nothing to stop them? I swear, I could have punched someone. Mom said that they were going to take him into surgery, but he started vomiting blood. Not pure blood, but there was some in it. {I apologize if any of you have weak stomachs...} So, they didn't want to start surgery and find that he had an ulcer. Now he's on a high dose of blood thinner and they're hoping that will work. Needless to say, I'm freaking out.

The one good thing that happened to me today was a 2 a.m. wake up call from my sweet husband. =) I didn't end up going to bed until after 1 a.m., so he had a hard time waking me up. Woops. He'd sent me a message on FB and had written on my wall, but I didn't wake up. I have my phone set up to notify me as if I were getting a text when FB sends me a notification. Apparently, I was out. Luckily, there was a guy in the same building (MWR?) who let him use his phone card. We talked for 45 sweet minutes. He apologized for calling me at 2 a.m. and I told him that I'd gladly forego sleep to hear his voice. =) I think we're going to get more phone calls than Skype time because of the connection, or lack thereof, in his room. I'd prefer Skype, but phones are a little more reliable I suppose. As long as I get to see his face every once in a while, I think I'll be ok. It was good to know that he was there, and getting situated even if his roommate is a man-whore. Oops, did I say that out loud? I won't say anything else, but I was not happy to hear about this. I'm sure your minds can figure it out. =) As much as I enjoyed talking to him, it's really hard to get a week's worth of info to him in one 45 minute phone call. And of course, I cried when he hung up. Does anyone not cry after that?

So, there are my emotions from the day. It wasn't a bad day, it was just an up-and-down kind of day. Thanks for letting me get it all out there. Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Hope your Monday was better than mine,


Elizabeth and Patrick said...

Holy Cow!!! Way to make everyone want an Iphone and not worry about the cost of a bill ... that commercials like not even fair ... haha..

Renee said...

Oh Sweetie...emotions is the name of this deployment game we must endure! Just when you think you've got them under control and you are up on top of your day..a second will plunge you back down. I just wonder if this cycle continues through the whole thing? It's exhausting!

Big Hug to you!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not alone! I felt the same way during Mr. M's deployment and I was a roller coaster of emotions all the time. I'm glad you had a good day the other day though! I hope you have another good day tomorrow! I'm so glad that you got to hear his voice. I hope you hear from him again! =)

Lisa said...

I'm glad you got some time to talk to him! The emotions run all over the place, especially when it's time for him to come home. That was the point where I was basically losing it all over again.

But I loved that commercial as well! I saw it the other day and wished I had a dvr to record it. :)

Hope your Papa is doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm happy you got to talk to Joe. & I hope your Papa is feeling better soon.

JG said...

*gasp* So how long till we get to make an assumption?? FYI, I go through the overly-emotional "assumption" every time SoldierMan left - for BCT and OCS.

Hope the roommate situation works out. I can just imagine....

Keep us updated on your Papa. Still praying!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Oh girl I'm sorry! I'm still praying for you all and hope things resolve soon!