PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

17 March, 2010

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: Grey's Edition

Ok, well maybe not so much words of wisdom today. How about some words of...laughter? =) Some of you may know that Grey's Anatomy is my favorite TV show. So today, I bring you some words of Grey's Anatomy. There are just a few, but I found them and thought they were hilarious. Mainly because I can see the scene they took place in. =) Enjoy!
 

Dr. Meredith Grey: After all this time, all your warnings about me sleeping with my boss and you're doing the same exact thing.
Dr. Cristina Yang: Oh, it's not the same thing.
Dr. Meredith Grey: It's the exact same!
Dr. Cristina Yang: No, it's not. You and McDreamy are in a relationship.
Dr. Meredith Grey: And you and Burke are in?
Dr. Cristina Yang: Switzerland. It's very neutral there and they make very nice watches.

George O'Malley: You know Joe?
Miranda Bailey: Oh, yeah. I was the only female intern my year. I didn't know anybody and nobody knew me except Joe. He knew me.
George O'Malley: Oh. So you and Joe?
Miranda Bailey: All you people ever think about is how to get into somebody's pants. You're nasty.
[slaps George]
Miranda Bailey: That's why you got syphilis.
I miss George. *sigh*

Bailey: I may be forty-seven weeks pregnant. I may be on bed rest. I may not be able to see my own feet. But I AM Dr. Bailey. I hear every thing. I know every thing. I’m watching each and every one of you. And I will return.

Ok, so maybe this one isn't so funny...but I still like it!

Grey: A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying.


Sometimes, I really like the Meredith Grey narrations before/after the show. They have a tendency to be very insightful...especially for a TV drama. =)


**Don't forget to start emailing me your questions for the Q&A session coming up! Only 5 more posts to go!**


Happy Hump Day!

ImageHost.org

4 comments:

Meg said...

I love the Meredith Grey insights ;)

Seriously.

JG said...

Nice. I like that last one especially. I've never watched Grey's - I'm not really into hospital shows - but it seems like everyone I know watches it!

Christen E. Krumm said...

i <3 grey's.

xoxo,
christen

Kasey said...

I used to love this show and often watch the first few seasons on DVD. Last season though... there was definite shark-jumpage going on.

Although, I am considering watching it again just because Kevin McKidd is on it. He is totally on my list. *swoon*