PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

15 May, 2014

Changes

It's taken a lot of thought lately, but I've decided to change a few things around here. Well, technically, not here. Let me explain.

When I first started thinking about changing things, I really just wanted to change the name of my blog. I'm still a military wife - GI Joe's Wife - but that's really not the focus of my blog anymore. Let's face it: most of the time I post about my kiddos, or baby-related things. So I feel like a change is needed. The good thing about blogs is that they can change and grow with you.

Not long after I decided I needed a change, I found a verse that I really liked. And the rest just came together.

Children are a gift from the LORD;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
~Psalm 127:3-5

We are raising arrows. Our hope and prayer for our kiddos is that they will grow up knowing and following Jesus. He has blessed us with them, so we will raise them to know Him. 

The new name I came up with is Sew Raising Arrows. I added "sew" partially because "raising arrows" was already taken, and partially because I'm not just a parent. I do other things, too - things that I enjoy, like sewing. 

I'm sharing all of this for two reasons:

  1. As of today (after this post goes live), I will be changing my IG and Twitter handles. I'll also be changing my FB, but since I don't post there too often it's not really a priority. I'm on IG and Twitter pretty much all the time, and I know that most of you will probably notice a change. ;-)
  2. I am also going to start a whole new blog, with a URL to match. This won't happen for at least a few days (maybe even a week), and I will definitely be sharing the URL. I will redirect everyone to that page once everything is "live" over there.
I also have another little surprise to share (NOT of the baby variety ;-)), but I'm not quite ready for that yet. So here's to growing and changing. I hope you'll all stick around for it!



No comments: