PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

28 April, 2014

TWO

Exactly a month ago, my little bean turned TWO. I don't even know how this is possible. It seems her second year went by even faster than the first. *sigh*

Left: First birthday; Right: Second birthday. 
So much changes in a year....

We first celebrated her birthday in NC, a couple weeks before her actual birthday. All of our NC family was there, and Grammy (her great-grandmother) made her birthday cake. Even though she wasn't feeling well that day (she had a yucky cold, and also busted her lip right before the party), she had a great time. 


The next weekend, my parents came to visit and we celebrated her birthday again. Needless to say there was no shortage of celebrating this year!!

My mom and dad. Known to Charlotte as Mimi and Pop/Papa.

The girl knows exactly what to do with birthday candles. LOL


Charlotte and Daddy.

Toys!



Mommy, Daddy, and the birthday girl. 

Since we did so much before her birthday, we had a pretty low-key day on her actual birthday. Don't worry, we still had cake. ;-)

Showing me "two." Haha.

Some facts about the birthday girl:

  • She's still earning her nickname, Bean. At her 2 year checkup, she weighed a whopping 19.6 pounds. No matter how much she eats, she's still teeny! (And I'm thankful we finally found a pediatrician who doesn't freak out over her size. Only took 2 years. *sigh*)
  • She has a huge vocabulary...and uses it constantly. LOL! She said her first 3+ word sentence in February, and now surprises us with all the things she says. 
  • Her favorite show is "Jake." AKA Jake and the Neverland Pirates. And we watch it all. the. time. (Read: TV is how you survive 2 kids under 2/3.)
  • She recognizes a bunch of letters, and can sing most of the ABCs. She can count to 10, but only when she wants to. :P
  • She loves playing outside on her little jungle gym my parents bought for her last fall. 
  • She loves dancing to music, and frequently asks me to sing either the ABCs or "Spider" (Itsy Bitsy Spider) so she can dance.
  • She loves Jasper...much to his dismay. 
  • She LOVES shoes, which makes me a proud mama. Haha
  • She loves to give us all hugs and kisses. She is the best little cuddler. I hope this never changes.
  • She is the best big sister - always making sure Millie has her toys and isn't upset. 
  • She's also started throwing tantrums, so I'm guessing we're smack in the middle of the dreaded "terrible twos." YAY.

I could probably write forever about her, but you get the gist. ;-) Basically, she's a two year old and I can hardly believe it. When she's not throwing tantrums she's a bundle of fun, and I'm loving it. 





Happy Birthday to the sweet little girl who made me a mama.
Love you forever, Bean.

No comments: