PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11 December, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain

Ugh. As I write this, I am sitting on the couch cuddled up with a blanket. There are two reasons for this: 1) It's 68ish degrees, rainy and windy out and 2) I have a cold. Trying to be the good wife, I sent my hubby out to have a good couple of hours with his buddies here. So, I'm not taking any time away from my hubby. (And this is a scheduled post.)

I have felt like ick for the past few days. I think my husband brought home cold germs. =( I am not happy about this. I have barely been sick once since we've been here. And now, this. First his throat was hurting and he had the sniffles. As he got worse, I began to catch it. It's hard not to catch a cold when you're sleeping in the same bed. I've felt sort of ok for the past few days and today it just hit me!! Sucky, sucky, sucky.

Yesterday, I woke up to the downpour of all downpours! I wish I had taken a picture or something. Mr. Weatherman had been saying we were supposed to get a rain and possibly a storm, but I didn't believe him. They don't exactly know what real storms are here. The last time he said we would hear "loud booms" of thunder, it was a low rumbling. You can see my issue with trusting the guy. ;-) Anyway, it rained on and off all day yesterday. Not just sprinkling either! One minute it would be raining like crazy with the wind blowing and the next it'd barely be raining. And then the cycle would start all over again. Then, last night we got a storm! Like a real storm!! Thunder (loud thunder), lightning, some nice wind and rain... I was practically in heaven! With no threat of a tornado, I was thoroughly enjoying it. Pretty sure my husband thought I was nuts. =P I even took a video!!!! I took it with my phone, and apparently you can't even see all the fun lightning unless you look at it on my phone. *sigh* Oh well!

Anyway, here's a little bit of what we've been up to.

Taken before we went to see Harry Potter.

We celebrated Christmas:


You know I love you guys if I share a Christmas morning photo.

Christmas breakfast:
Coffee & Grammy's Sugar Cookies
{They sent us cookies in the mail. =)}

I got him the Bible he wanted...
{NASB Thompson Chain Reference}

And a new outfit. 
Doesn't he look great?!

He got me these...

A MacBook Pro (15 inch)

And the iPhone 4!! =D

Yes, I am way spoiled. But I'm ok with it.
And, we've bought things for each other along the way too.

Us at the Dole Plantation...

We went through the maze!

 Mapping our route...


After our train tour. =)


Ever wondered how pineapples grow?

And we went to the beach...



We got some shave ice...
{Not shaveD. That's how they know you're from the mainland. ;-)}

And we've played Scrabble. =)

We've still got more time together too! Yay! =D

I hope you're enjoying my guest bloggers! I'm so glad they've been able to help me get some quality time with Joe while not leaving my blog for 2 weeks. If you're reading their posts, please stop and say something. =) And thanks for still reading my blog! It's hard to believe that I've been getting more followers even though I haven't been blogging!

Have a good weekend!

11 comments:

Kaylee said...

SO glad your hubby is home! Sorry you've got a cold - my husband also brought cold germs home when he was here for his R&R - blasted cold germs!!! OH! And so jealous of your SWEET Christmas gifts :)

Chantal said...

Yum shave ice! Sadly, I didn't even hear the thunder and lightning. Blah.

Swindy's Stories said...

Haha I love it... The beach in December! I used to be able to do that is California but not over here on the eats coast. I am so happy that you all celebrated Christmas together. I am totally jealous of you "Mac Stack" (macbook and iPhone) that you got!

Julie Danielle said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time :)
Nice gifts!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are having fun and I hope time goes slow so you can enjoy as much of it as possible. And I love all the Apple Christmas gifts :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What great gifts!!! It sounds and looks like you're having SO much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for sharing with us! I'm glad you're enjoying him home and who cares if you're spoiled ;)
xx

Anonymous said...

looks like y'all are having a wonderful time!!! Hope you feel better!

JG said...

How fun! Looks like you guys are really making the most of the R&R. That's awesome!!

Katie said...

What awesome gifts!! I have that same Bible, and I'm pretty sure I got it because Anna had it when we were in junior high or high school, and I loved hers. Ha.

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks for stopping by the round up! Love your blog, and love your a red head. My son is as well and I have a soft spot for gingers, my hubs and I , brown hair and blond hair, he gets it from his grandma. LOL