PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

07 October, 2010

Me Again?!

Oh this tagging game!! =D In an attempt to be a good bloggie friend, I'm going to answer some questions that Miss Katie at The Life of an Army Wife has tagged me to answer!

Here goes nothin'! =)

1. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Either one you had as a child or one you started with your own family?

My favorite one as a child was Christmas morning breakfast. =) We'd get up, open gifts and then Mom would make breakfast for everyone. My grandparents even came over for breakfast. I loved it. My favorite one now is the Christmas stocking. Last year, since we were going to be on the move at Christmas, Joe and I decided to get each other one big gift and then some stocking stuffers. It was so fun buying a bunch of little stuff to put in his stocking and to open all the goodies in mine! I always enjoyed the stockings my mom did for us as kids, so this is like an extended version of that. =)

2. What is your favorite book and why?

Oooh. This is a toughie! I love to read... I have a lot of favorite books. I think for this question I'm going to choose The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. First of all, I just love Nicholas Sparks' books. Second, this book isn't quite the usual "boy meets girl, girl pushes away from boy, boy keeps trying and finally boy and girl get together" story. =) It starts off very somber, gets sort of happy and then things get all suspenseful when the main character starts dating a newcomer... I love the little twists and turns in it!

3. What is the best vacation you went on?


Best vacation... I have two choices here: 1) Our honeymoon or 2) the mini-vacation we took to Charleston, SC before we moved to Hawaii. I think I'm going to choose Charleston because it was our first real vacation since we'd been married. Plus, we had tons of fun in the very short time we spent in Charleston.

4. What is your favorite brand of clothes or store to shop at?

I think I have to vote American Eagle on this one. =)

5. What is your favorite quality about yourself?

Yikes, what a question! I'm not sure if it's my favorite quality of myself or not, but I realized today that I'm very eager to help people when they need it/ask for it. I'm volunteering at the museum, and I really feel like I'm needed there. I just got asked to help out with the spouses' club here on post because they need someone and I said yes... If any one of my friends here needed a ride to the doctor or anywhere else, I'd be happy to help. What can I say? I like to feel needed. =)

6. How do you and your spouse/significant other continue to make your relationship special?

Oh gosh. I don't know! This is kind of hard to answer without him here... We haven't spent time together in 3 months!! I'm trying to think of things and I just can't right now. Is that terrible?!

7. What's your favorite thing to do on the weekends?

Sleep in, watch football, hang out with the girlies (at least while my hubby isn't here), relax and worship my Jesus on Sundays in church!

8. Why do you blog?

Ooooh. Why do I blog? Well, it started out as just a way for me to write down my thoughts and feelings. I've always kept a journal... It's always been my outlet. One day at work, a friend of mine joked that I should write a book on "counting Sundays" because that's what I counted while Joe was in basic. A book seemed too overwhelming, so I decided to blog. That night I sat down at my computer, Googled "blog," clicked on blogspot and created my blog! Although I still blog to get my thoughts and feelings out there, I also blog for other reasons: my bloggie friends, keeping in touch with family, and learning and sharing crafty things. 

So, that's it!!

Because I've already done like 3 of these things I'm going to stop!!

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers, though!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you answers! Its so fun getting a peek into people's heads :)

Missus Elle said...

I like when you do it though! It give me something else to do :)

Swindy's Stories said...

The Guardian is one of my favorite books too! I LOVe Nicholas Sparks and have all of his books!